Monday, January 19, 2009

Week of Sydney - Day 6

We had our second trip to the ER before Sydney was 1. She was at the babysitter and hit her head while she was playing in a playhouse (so her x-babysitter says anyway). I went to pick her up after work and the whole left side of her head was bruised. I of course freaked out and drove her over to Bryan and Nerissa's in a panic. Bryan thought it looked like superficial bruising but I, the glass half empty person that I am immediately thought brain bleed, seizure, coma, death. I know I tend to over react when it comes to Sydney. Being an nurse is really not an advantage for me, I think it just makes me freak out even more when things happen. So off we went to the ER. Nerissa had to work the next day so she called Tucker who came and sat with me in the ER for HOURS. What a friend!!! Everything ended up being fine (so the doctor said after about 2 minutes total time in the room with us.) He was right, and I had calmed down a little by then. So the worst we got was a horrible bruise and then a week later bronchitis!(Thanks to all the germy little kids running around in the waiting room - they clearly needed to be there as they were actually running). These pictures don't really do it justice. She was bruised from her forehead to her earlobe to the back of her neck. Poor baby. Actually poor mommy because Sydney really didn't care.






I don't feel so good!

1 comment:

ktucker said...

The pictures really don't do it justice! I was scared too! Poor little Sydney!